19) Gale really believed Katniss would end up with him. For the rest of his life he was convinced that if it hadn’t been for the bomb he would have married Catnip and they would have spent the rest of their lives together just like he thought they would.
18) Johanna Mason never had any children of her own nor did she get married. However, she had Annie and Finnick’s son who looked up to and adored her and that was all she ever needed. Even though it wasn’t his name she always referred to him as Fin. He helped her almost as much as he helped Annie and Johanna taught him everything from throwing axes to talking to girls. He wasn’t Finnick and couldn’t replace her only friend but it was as good as it got and Johanna needed something to keep her alive.
17) Haymitch had a girl back home. She was thin, tall and with a look of bitterness in her eyes. She was a survivor who spoke sarcasm fluently and challenged him every day and night. When Haymitch left for the Games he promised her that he would return. All she said was “You better”.
16) After the war was over Johanna moved to District 4. She hated it there. The water reminded her of the time she spent being tortured in the Capitol and Annie drove her nuts. But she stayed because she made a promise to Finnick to look after Annie if he’d ever need her to.
15) When Johanna Mason refused to let President Snow sell her body he got revenge the only way he knew how. When she returned to her home it was to find her father and grandmother (her only living family) in a pool of their own blood on the floor. She found the same exact scene at her best friends house. And the boy, her boy, the only one who had managed to touch her heart? He was alive until the moment she walked through his door. That’s when they cut his throat right in front of her eyes.
14) Finnick had a lot of bad memories. Sometimes those memories would creep up on him and threaten to choke the life out of him. The pictures would flash before his eyes and the screams would pierce his ears. The only thing that helped when that happen was to think of Annie. When he thought of Annie and her warm smile everything suddenly felt better. Because that reminded him that he had a reason to live. And she was the reason.
14) Before the arena drove her to insanity Annie was the life of the party. She was constantly talking and it wasn’t often that she didn’t have a great, big smile on her face. Annie was friendly towards everyone and there wasn’t a soul in District 4 that did not like her. After The Games she stopped smiling for a very long time.
13) Finnick didn’t always love Annie. Before he was her mentor he barely even paid attention to her. However, once she was reaped that changed. He didn’t realize he loved her until after her games when she threw herself into his arms and cried for hours. That’s when he realized that he hadn’t done a good enough job protecting her in there and he would spend the rest of his life trying harder. That’s when Finnick Odair fell in love Annie Cresta and he never looked back.
12) Peeta and his older brothers were very close. When they were younger they did everything together and even as they grew older they had a stronger bond than most siblings. Even though he would never admit it he was actually hurt that his brother didn’t volunteer for him when he was reaped. He wouldn’t have wanted him to take his place, but it would have been nice to know they would have done what he would have for them.
11) Mr. Everdeen knew that Mr. Mellark loved his wife. He never minded because he didn’t know how anyone couldn’t possibly love her.